Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Cardiac Rehab #9

I was again part of the 8 AM Cardiac Rehab Class today at the Health Campus. The class is made up of about 12 males and 2 females(all you males out there get your check-up, eat right, & get your exercise). I felt stronger today, but still had a few PVC's and one with a run of three in a row. The nurses said I did better than yesterday. Nurses are keeping an eye on me (nice to have 4-5 women checking me out!)

Found an interesting question & answer from the Cleveland Clinic (remember this is supposedly the best heart hospital in the country. The question and answer discussion is from someone that has not had open heart surgery, but suffers from PVC's. Have a look and click on the site below:
Cleveland Clinic Heart PVC Discussion.

Found another interesting article to read. It does a nice job explaining PVC's and going into the treating of PVC's. Premature Ventricular Complexes - PVCs at About.com

There is one section that caught my eye about PVC's
"there is a good chance that a heightened state of anxiety is exacerbating the patient’s palpitations."

I thought this was interesting! So next rehab, Monday morning I will do my best to "chill out" and ride the bikes and walk the treadmill focusing on something to relax me!

A Packer Celebration at Lambeau Field!

No comments:

Post a Comment