Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

PVC's and Diet

For the past three months I have tried to keep my diet heart friendly. I now read labels and try to plan what I eat each day. Going out to eat is not always easy. I do try to drink water & decaf coffee, and stick with chicken & fish. All this has been focused on heart healthy choices. Now, with the addition of my PVC problems, I am researching diet and PVC's.

At the web site MedHelp, I have found some interesting discussions on this subject. Have a closer look at: Do Certain Foods Trigger PVC's?

In this discussion I have found the typical culprits of caffeine, alcohol, etc. For the obvious foods I have been very careful in my diet. The other things that pop up in conversations are again magnesium & potassium. I am anxious for my next blood test to see what these levels are & will not attempt any supplements till I talk to my cardiologist.

I also see where people have talked about anxiety & sleep. My sleeping habits have improved, but probably could get more sleep. I'm averaging 7 hours a night. And anxiety! Of course, there are these lovely PVC's, my heart surgery, getting back to work, coaching, retirement in 4 months, and life in general.

Here is my game plan for the next two weeks:

Sleep - try to get 8 hours
Diet - keep a diet diary - this was a good idea from my readings!
Stress - find more times during the day for prayer & relaxation

No comments:

Post a Comment