Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cardiologist Visit - Good News

Today was my visit with the Heart Group doctor that specializes in the electrical heart issues. Dr. Worley answered all my questions and the result was I am allowed back into Cardiac Rehab. Here were the questions and answers:

1 - Is the increase in Metoprolol working? Yes, the fact that in my last stress test that I had my pulse rate up to 130, before I had a run of 4 in a row shows progress.

2 - When can I return to Cardiac Rehab? - Tomorrow - Wednesday.

3 - How does my blood test look? Good! Some of the readings were:
Total Cholesterol - 126, Triglycerides - 89, LDL - 73, HDL - 35
Potassium - 4.4, Sodium - 140
And all kinds of other numbers that I need to understand!!!!

4 - When can I return to work? After 3-4 weeks of Cardiac Rehab

5 - What is my risk? - Because of my heart strength, age, & heart condition I should have no danger in any normal activities. Just try to listen to my heart!

6 - What is the story on a supplement called CoQ10 - should I take it for my heart? - No, not enough medical studies & journals have seen any need for it.

So, I felt very good coming out of the meeting and will be anxious to start rehab again!

3 comments:

  1. Thks for the update! Your potassium is 4.4 which is within normal limits. The increase in statin therapy has definitely improved your cholesterol, triglyceride and LDL readings. But, your HDL should be a little bit higher and that will change as you exercise and continue to monitor a low fat diet.

    What is your magnesium level? Also, did you get a CBC - what is your hemoglobin and hematocrit?

    It is not hard to read your labs - honestly you can easily learn how to decipher your lab tests. Did you get the results in the mail?
    It would be great if you could scan the paper and email them to me and I could look at them. Then, I could teach you the basics.

    Love ya - keep on trucking big bro! Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Bro...

    Answered prayers. I must have missed the answer to the question "When can you start pole vaulting?"

    Big Bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!

    My blood test seems to be OK. I will post some more results today. There are a lot of new numbers to look at!

    And I was not ready to push the pole vault question! I'm saving that for my 6 month check up!

    ReplyDelete