Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Safe to Resume After Bypass Surgery?

I found this website interesting for expectations after bypass surgery. Of course, I'm still battling the PVC's, so I will take this list with me on Tuesday to see how PVC's change the outlook for what I should be able to do in the next few weeks.

The information is at HeartSurgeons.com.

Safe to Resume at Two Months
    *Riding a lawn mower
    *Driving a tractor
    *Carrying wet laundry in a basket
    *Riding an outdoor bicycle
    *Downhill skiing
    *Fishing


Safe to Resume at Three Months

*Swimming
*Fishing
*Golfing
*Bowling
*Hunting (bow/gun)
*Rowing a boat/canoeing
*Starting motors with pull cord
*Chopping wood
*Playing tennis
*Digging/shoveling
*Water-skiing
*Participating in competitive sports


As of Monday, March 7, I will be entering the 12th week after surgery. Therefore, I should be entering the second list of activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment