Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Open Heart Surgery - The Mental Thing! Part II

This week I started looking back on one year ago.  This was the week that reality set in and I found out I needed open heart surgery!  My first hurdle was the MENTAL THING!  OPEN HEART SURGERY!

Yesterday my first tip was:

1 - Accepting & dealing with your medical problem!

The fact was I needed open heart surgery.  I could not talk anyone out of it, I could not hide it anymore, I could not take a magic pill and make it go away!  So - Accept it & Deal with it!

Now what?  Get mentally ready to be prepared for what was to come.  Because I wanted on of the best doctors in my area - Dr. Burlingame, I need to wait!  So, it was November 19th and the operation was set for December 13th!  That is 24 DAYS!!!!!!

First, I was not allowed to do much of anything!  NO exercise, no work, nothing stupid!

Second, I prepared by talking to my future "zipper club" buddies! - Bill, Terry, Terry, & others.  What was I in for & how did they do it!

Third, plan for the future.  What would I be like after surgery - Day 1, Day 2, etc.

24 days was plenty of time to plan! - Maybe too much time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment