Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Open Heart Surgery - The Mental Thing!

One year ago today I was coming to terms with Open Heart Surgery!  The results of the heart cath showed three blockages - 60%, 70% & 99%!  WOW!  I was a lucky guy!  First, it was not the left main coronary artery that was blocked 99%.  This is called the "widow maker"!  For more on the "Widow Maker" check ougt this You Tube Video: The Widow Maker Heart Attack

And for more info:  http://www.widowmakerheartattack.com/

75% of these people die quickly!  My main blockage was on the right side!  Second, I stopped ignoring it & had a check up!  Remember my symptoms I had for over 2 months:


  1. Fatigue
  2. Shortness of Breath
  3. Tightness in the Chest


I noticed the "fatigue" factor earlier in the summer and thought it was just aging & doing too much!  Nope - it was a signal!  The deceiving thing was I had my total yearly physical in August & the doctor said nothing - I was "Good to Go" into my last year of education before retirement!

Today I get to do something with my wife that is another blessing - we travel to her 40th high school class reunion!  I had mine this summer!  So, another day to give a big thank you!  All my friends & family & for a faith that has kept to focused & grounded!

Another great wedding picture!


(Proud Parents - Newly Weds - Next Years Wedding Couple!)

The first mental thing!
Accepting & dealing with your medical problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment