Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Last Night in the Hospital?

This should be it. Last night at Lancaster General and home to sleep! Biggest concern will be keeping the grand-dogs happy! The Yorkie-Shitzu should be fine, the the 65 lb bull dog will need to be gentle!

We are planning on using visiting nurses for a few weeks. It will allow me not to go out in the weather - they will be doing blood work, checking my incisions and just making sure I am behaving!

Another weird feeling that I have experienced is having issues sleeping. Between the meds & hospital beds I find myself waking and feeling claustrophobic. The room I am in now is smaller than the ICU rooms & when the door is closed I feel boxed in. My wonderful wife, Sue, is staying the night & giving me support. This is what a man needs, a wife that can be there in good & bad times!

Also, removing the wires & tubes has been exciting! The nurses & doctor assistants have been very slick & removing all the wires has been easier than I thought. I have two more for Friday, and I think I counted 12 total!

I was visited by my bosses at Hempfield - Mike & Doug. The neat things are I was lucky enough to see these two young men grow up and help make Hempfield a leader in educational technology. In middle school Mike spent a lot of time with me in Landisville Middle School computer lab and directed all the technology talent for our schools. And Doug, I first met when his family would travel to the Mountville Pool to enjoy hot summer days!

Today I had more buddies stop in Al Rineer & Marsh Anderson from church(Marsh gave me communion!) Dick Deibert who I have spent many great years and Centerville Middle Shoal (and hunting & running the Landisville Pool!) Jack Snyder at church, who always makes me smile! And a track & field buddy, Terry Shuman, that I had the privilege to share coaching time & stories. As I have pointed out in previous posts, this job continues to bless me!

No comments:

Post a Comment