Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Evening Before Surgery

Had a relaxing day watching football with my brother Jon. Had a few visitors - from the Hempfield Track Team - I received a great "homemade" get well card! GO HEMPFIELD POLE VAULT!!!! Had a great call from our big track rival! Coach Frederick, has had many battles with us through the years & his call was a special motivator! And Coach Rogers, our head coach from Hempfield called to offer more Hempfield Track support! Sue, my tech buddy at Hempfield, drop off a parking pass for my wife from the tech crew at school! Great friends, great family & many calls, visits & emails!

The support is truly inspirational!

My wife has been awesome & very supportive throughout the entire build up to the surgery! I made one of my best decisions over 35 years ago! She has always been by my side & been an INCREDIBLE wife! And my boys, Jared & Josh, are doing what makes Dads smile, becoming great young men to help through the good & bad times!

So, here we go - surgery day is here - FINALLY. Thanks to all for the support & I will try to do my best to make the Post-Op stage as successful as the Pre-Op Stage!

My three focus areas are ready to go!

1 - The physical side - I did not do anything stupid the past 24 days! And started a Heart Healthy Diet!

2 - The mental side - again with family, friends, & medical support, I have tried to stay positive & do what I needed to do for the surgery.

3 - And the spiritual side - with all the prayers I feel, from church(a great prayer shawl), family & friends & daily devotions - I feel a calmness that makes Monday much easier! My visual is God's & the surgeons hands working together!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!

No comments:

Post a Comment