Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cause and Cure for PVC's?

Found some interesting reading on PVC's at - MedHelp - Cause & cure for PVC's

Here are some comments I found interesting:

1 - Magnesium - Comments pertaining to low magnesium levels. I have not had my blood work (don't know why they are waiting so long), and for the past 3 months I have given PLENTY of blood! So, until March 8th, I will not know if my magnesium is low. I think the foods I am eating should provide enough natural magnesium, but tine will tell! Foods are: tuna, halibut, bananas, oat bran, brown rice, yogurt(low fat), baked beans, peas, potatoes.

The normal range of Magnesium Blood Tests on Laboratory evaluations is from approximately 1.5 to 2.5 mEq/liter - although this will vary slightly depending upon each individual laboratory.

And I found this at: Your Magnesium Level

Magnesium is one of the most abundant electrolytes in the body. It is critical in regulating several hundred functions in the body, including:


  • All electrical activity
  • Smooth muscle contraction
  • Skeletal muscle contraction
  • Every single heart beat
  • All brain activity
  • Over 300 various enzymatic reactions
  • Regulation of a Normal Potassium Level
Notice the line above in red! It is TIME to see what my magnesium level is & to learn more about magnesium!!

1 comment:

  1. Little Bro,

    As your little sister says you need to be your own advocate - if you want blood results call your doc get a script with blood tests required for PVC related tets (potassium level of course is needed) This should be a three day process - blood drawn one day later you can request report of blood work from doc's office

    Big Bro

    ReplyDelete