Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Heart 100 - Course on the Human Heart

Time to go to heart class. The first video I found was how does a normal healthy heart function. Here is a simple video that does a nice job of explaining the human heart.

How does the Heart Work?

And I found this interesting video on exercise & recovery PVC's. My PVC's seem to pop up during the exercise phase and not the recovery phase of exercise. I think I'm on the safe side, but need to ask my cardiologist. Have a look.

Recovery PVCs During Treadmill Testing Tied to Heart Disease

This video was interesting because it mentioned "dehydration". There are times in my workouts when I forget to drink! So for my next stress test I will "guzzle" a lot of water!!

What are PVC's

The next video does a great job of showing the PVC & discussing what it looks like on a monitor! On the top, you can actually see the extra beat and the middle line you can see the lack of oxygen. This is why the nurse always asks are you feeling light headed. And I have had 4-6 in a row, so I could pass out!

So what did I learn, drink water, watch the monitor & see the extra heart beats, & if you feel light headed STOP! The difficult part is as an old jock, exercising & pushing yourself was a good feeling. And, one would get light headed. Now I must learn to STOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment