Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Church & Open Heart Surgery

Good to be back at church today and see many people that had me in their prayers! It is truly a humbling experience to be on the other end of the prayer list! In our church, Redeemer Lutheran at 5th & pearl Street in Lancaster, we always have a prayer, for the country, for our service men, for our leaders, and of course for the people in our congregation that are suffering from some medical condition. This was my first time(I guess that is good!) that I was on the list!

Sue and I really felt the prayers for Jared when he was in Iraq 4 times! To hear his name every Sunday was very comforting! And I always said we could "feel" the prayer. Well, this time I really could "feel" the prayers! And the actions, meals delivered to our house, communion given in the hospital and at home, get well cards, phone calls, & e-mails! So, as I see it & feel it, I have experienced the power of prayer and the power of Christian love in actions! It is an incredibly important part of all churches to follow prayer & actions for all people, even the ones that are not always easy to help!

Found this great devotion - have a look! - Spiritual Analogy from My Open Heart Surgery




No comments:

Post a Comment