Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

Five Mile Walk Felt Good!

Today I went out to one of my favorite trails & did the 5 mile walk.  Here was the game plan:

1 - Walk 5 miles
2 - Have 3 half mile surges where I get my heart rate to 95-100.
3 - The rest of the walk the heart rate around 85-95.

Walk went well & had NO noticeable PVC's for the entire 1 hour & 17 minutes.  The rate for the fast walk was around 8min 30 sec and the slower walk around 9 min 30 sec.  The old railroad bed is flat, therefore did not have hills to contend with in the workout.

Tomorrow will be one week on my new med experiment:
75 mg Plavix
25 mg Metoprolol
5 mg Amlodipine

Old Meds are still:
81 mg Aspirin
20 mg Aciphex
10 mg Singulair
40 mg Lipitor

Will also need to call cardiologist about the potassium.  My sister, "Ginny the Nurse", had me check my blood test for potassium.  My level was within the given"normal range" - my reading was 4.4 & the range given was (3.5-5.3).  She said the potassium could be dangerous if it goes to high.  I will not take the potassium until I experiment with the new dose of Metoprolol and talk to the cardiologist.

Also, my brother Jon (my other coach) said it may be time for a second opinion.  I will hold off till I give this new experiment a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment