Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Heart Issues - How Does it Feel When You Walk?

Warning signs are critical!  Last year at this time I could not even walk one lap around the school without the tightness in my chest!  Today, after quintuple bypass - 11 months later I walked about 10 miles.  Feet hurt, but felt good!  It was a great - FLAT - walk, on one of my favorite trails - Lebanon Vally Trail!


I walked the section from Cornwall to Lebanon.  It follows the old railroad bed of two rivaling rail lines - The Cornwall Railroad & The Cornwall - Lebanon Railroad.  Like I said it is flat & very scenic!



Brought back many great memories - as a kid we built a tree fort next to the rail line, we used to go hunting along the line, and many other great memories!  Again, without getting my heart checked & many great care givers - I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THAT MEMORY TODAY!

So, enjoy the walks & memories & listen to your heart!!

Below is one of my favorite memories - The Root Beer Barrel that used to sit off of route 72, has been moved & renovated to the trail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment