Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

What is a Heart Catheterization?

One year ago today I had my first Heart Catheterization!  I had tightness in my chest, could not walk without feeling it!  So the cardiologist sent me for this test.

Here is what the Mayo Clinic defines as a Heart Catheterization:

The procedure was not too bad.  You were awake during the entire procedure and home the same day!  What does it show - BLOCKAGES!

Here is a great video of what it looks like!  Remember, you can see the procedure as they are doing it and ask questions along the way!  I have had two now.  The second one I was more talkative, the first one I was like a "Deer in headlights!"

Cardiac Catheterization - Heart Video

And take a look at Lancaster General Hospital video on Heart Surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment