Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Where was I Last Year?

Let's look back one year ago.  It was Sunday night, like tonight and I decided to go to my family doctor and see what this "tightness" was in my chest!  In my HEART I new it was my heart!  How bad was it?  Maybe I would only need stents!  Maybe I was just paranoid?  Here was the week last year at this time!

Monday - Family Doctor!
Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - Cardiologist
Thursday - nothing
Friday - Heart Cath

Results - Blockages - Need Open Heart ByPass Surgery!

Again, the signs were gradual, but at the end the symptoms came on quickly!

Last summer was tired often.  Not much energy.  Was walking, playing golf, and did not seem to be to bad!  August - had my annual check-up and nothing out of the ordinary.  Family doctor was OK with my physical exam and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

October, noticed mowing grass slight "tightness" in my chest.  Had trouble cutting the entire yard without stopping and catching my breath?  The "tightness" continued and now surfaced going up staircases.    Late October had trouble walking around the school, felt "winded"!   Was telling myself it would pass!

November, I new it was my heart & still did not tell anyone.  Thought I could make it till January, or even the end of the school year!  DUMB!  I had workshops at school - needed to finish the workshops.  Had Green Bay Packer tickets in December!  I could get to the game!  DUMB!  I kept telling myself I could make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment