Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Learn About PVC's

I have not mentioned my PVC's for a few days.  They are still there, but I have ignored the extra beats.  I still wear my heart monitor during exercise.  The PVC's seem to be fewer and I seem to be able to get my heart rate up to around 110 before they appear on the monitor.

Found this website discussing PVC's:

Premature Ventricular Complexes - PVC's

As the article points out, PVC's are common in about 1 in 20 people.  After surgery is when I first experience the PVC's during my cardiac rehab.  For almost a year, my doctors have been treating my PVC's with medicines.  So far, I have seen some improvement.

My main concerns are a run of PVC's.  As the article points out: "Some people have episodes of several PVC's in a row.  If there are more than three PVC's in a row, the episode is called, non-sustaines ventricular tackycardia (NSVT)."  These can be dangerous.

More on NSVT at The Cleveland Clinic - NSVT

No comments:

Post a Comment