Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Zipper Club Grows!

The facts are, more of us will have open heart by-pass surgery.  It is a numbers game.  As we age, as we eat, as we become less active, things will continue to happen that a will create a heart in need of repair.  This week my neighbor, Jim, joined the "Zipper Club".  I visited him this week & he is tired, sore, and learning how to handle a new challenge!

Today I also had breakfast with Rob.  He is 3 months out!  This seems to be a key time period for survivors of open heart by-pass surgery!  He is doing well!  And is appreciates the coaching & friendship the past three months!  Good Stuff!  That is what the "Zipper Club" is all about.  A group of people that have conquered a new part of their life!

After breakfast, I also tackled the Lebanon Valley Trail!  This time I finished the leg of the northern most part of the trail!  A sixty minute walk that felt great.  I did not wear my heart monitor.  Sometimes I feel it is better to exercise without the monitor.  I feel at times that I enjoy my exercise more when I just relax & enjoy the time on the trail!

The Lebanon Valley Trail is a beauty!  Take a look at the website:

Lebanon Valley Rails to Trails

The maps are great to show you the trails that go from Lebanon, Lebanon County to Elizabethtown, in Lancaster County.

Rails to Trail Maps

Today I traveled from Whilhelm Avenue to 9th Street and back.  A great walk on a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment