Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Worst Holiday Foods!

Time to focus on the holiday and the FOODS!  17 more shopping days till Christmas and 17 more eating days till Christmas!  Found this article:

Med Help - Healthy Living - Worst Holiday Foods

Let's take a look at some of the Foods!

1 - Eggnog - 8 ounce glass - 400 calories!  I like eggnog, but rarely drink it.  Now I will NOT drink it!  Too many other foods to use for the 400 calories!

2 - Pecan Pie - 500 calories per slice!  Not a big fan of Pecan Pie, so this is easy!  The substitute that was offered was Pumpkin Pie - THIS I LIKE!  Less calories & fiber!

3 - Sweet Potato Casserole - This one looks good & I would eat a entire plate of this!  The suggested substitute is regular sweet potatoes!

4 - Fruitcake - This one is easy!  I HATE FRUITCAKE!  The substitute is great - Gingerbread!

5 - Gift Popcorn - I like popcorn, the substitute is regular popcorn.

6 - Fudge - love fudge, but need to stay away from the fudge!  The replacement is Meringues.  See great picture below:



There are other suggestions in the article of foods to avoid & substitutes!  One thing I do is carry a glass of water around and take a drink when I see something I like, but should not eat!  It is Christmas, and I WILL eat some holiday treats!  BUT, I will try to moderate myself!

One thing you must do is make Christmas Cookies!  Especially with kids!  Checkout the video below!

Kids Making Christmas Cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment