Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fattening Foods for the Summer

OK, summer is almost over and there are a few more picnics to attend, so what should foods should we avoid?  Checkout another one of my favorite web sites - Web MD.

Web MD - Fattening Foods for the Summer

OK, I did cheat a few times!

1 - Red Meat - I was good here, usually in the summer I grill steaks, mostly chicken & fish this summer!
2 - Mayonnaise-Based Salads - I slipped here a few times - SMALL PORTIONS!
3 - Mixed Drinks - here I was a good boy!
4 - Thirst Quenchers - Turkey Hill Ice Tea (I did cut back & was drinking more water, but need to avoid!)
5 - Frozen Treats - ICE CREAM - agin, I did cut back on this - only created a couple times!
6 - Fattening Fair Food - No fairs this summer!
7 - Salad Toppers - The only thing I used that was bad was Croutons!
8 - Mindless Munching - No mindless, but a couple rainy days, overall good.
9 - Finger Licking Chicken - NO KFC, when my Mom was alive she loved this stuff!


So, for my summer eating, NOT BAD!  It is real easy to cheat, but if you don't buy it, you can't eat it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement you have provided through your blog. I am at 3 months having had quintuple bypass on June 3. I feel like I can't do anything. Your posts give me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the main reasons I did this blog is for people like you! I had no idea what to expect! The first 3 months were very difficult - but it gets better! Here are a few tips!
    1 - Stay positive! Try to find a few friends that have had open heart - my buddies REALLY helped me!
    2 - Stay busy! This blog helped me! Set goals, start your exercise program, read, etc!
    3 - Be a self-advocate! When you have a meeting with you doctor, take a list of questions you have. Learn as much as you can about your NEW heart!
    4 - Do not know your background on faith, but my church, peoples prayers and my prayers are a big part of my healing!

    ReplyDelete