Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top 10 Myths about Cardiovascular Disease

It has been some time since I have visited the American Heart Associations website - check it out at
http://www.heart.org/

The article that got my attention was - Top 10 Myths about Cardiovascular Disease.
Below are a few the ten myths.  Visit the website to get more detail about each one of the myths.

  1. “I’m too young to worry about heart disease.” 
  2. “I’d know if I had high blood pressure because there would be warning signs.” 
  3.  “I’ll know when I’m having a heart attack because I’ll have chest pain.”
  4. “Diabetes won’t threaten my heart as long as I take my medication.”
  5. “Heart disease runs in my family, so there’s nothing I can do to prevent it.”
  6. “I don’t need to have my cholesterol checked until I’m middle-aged.”
  7. “Heart failure means the heart stops beating.” 
  8. “This pain in my legs must be a sign of aging. I’m sure it has nothing to do with my heart."
  9. “My heart is beating really fast. I must be having a heart attack."
  10. “I should avoid exercise after having a heart attack."

No comments:

Post a Comment