Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

And Another Way to Heal a Heart -Friday Night Football!

This week has been a great way to heal the heart!  Yesterday it was a total stranger that made my heart swell with the healing of helping someone else that had Open Heart Surgery.  Tonight is was an OLD ritual!  One that goes way back for me!

As an elementary school student I started by going to Cornwall Miner games in the 1950's & 1960's.  The I had a chance to play and feel the excitement of playing in Falcon Football games against our big rivals from Catholic High!

And then as a coach, coaching my first high teams at Central Dauphin & then at Hempfield.  I stepped down as a football coach to watch my own sons play on Friday nights!  The both scored more touchdowns than their Dad every did and made me a very proud Pop!

And now in retirement, running the scoreboard for another great Friday Night Football night!  The memories explode!  All the feelings, playing myself, coaching, watching my kids & just sitting up in the press box watching an American traditions - High School Football!

The "Heart" took another leap forward.  Healing in a way that medicines & heart healthy diets could NEVER DO!  The band playing, the cheerleaders cheering, and a smile across my face that is connected directly to my heart!

To heal a heart, do what makes you feel good inside!!!  High School Friday Night Football does that for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment